The Spanish Golden Visa
In 2021 many people in the UK have had their rights for moving between EU countries taken away.
Many with homes in Spain will be restricted to spending less time in their house than ever before, unless they acquire residency in Spain.
We can put you in touch with a lawyer who specialises in VISA application.
We can also source a qualifying property for you too.
Below is the guidance for any application.
- Investment funds: certificate from the fund manager.
- Bank deposits: certificate from the financial institution.
- Property: certificate of property registration and real estate purchase deeds.
- If the purchase is not formalized: engagement contract formalized in public deed.
- Business project: a favorable report from the DGCOMINVER.
If the investment is made by a legal person, can I apply for the visa or residence permit?
Yes, if it is not made in jurisdictions considered tax havens and you have a majority share. You should also
submit also a favorable report about the legal person from the DGCOMINVER.
Can the foreign agent who manages the business project take advantage of this migration scheme?
Yes. He/she should also submit a favorable report from the DGCOMINVER.
How long does the permit last?
• Real estate assets not formalized: visa/residence permit: 6 months.
• Visa: 1 year.
• Residence permit: 2 years
• Renewal of the residence permit: 5 years.
Renewal does not require effective residence in Spain.
Can family members join or accompany the investor?
Yes. Family members who accompany or join the investor may apply jointly and simultaneously or
successively for their residence permit and, where appropriate, for their visa
Family members are:
• The spouse or unmarried couple.
• Children who are minors or those of legal age being financially dependent on the holder.
• Parents in their charge.
What other benefits are there?
• With the visa and residence permit, you may live and work anywhere in Spain, including relatives if they meet the expected age labor regulations.
• Streamlined processing:
Visa decisions are made and notified within 10 working days.
Residence permit decisions are made within 20 working days.
• The application for residence permits and renewals extend the validity of the stay or residence status of the applicant until the procedure is terminated.